Hello friends, in today’s article we will have a detailed overview of CDS cut off where I will focus on individual cut off as well as overall cutoff of CDS Written exam. Moreover, we will also focus on SSB interview marks of toppers so that you get an idea about how much score is needed in CDS Written exam and SSB interview to be a part of the merit list.
We all have no idea about scores in SSB interview, marking scheme in SSB interview and the average score of an aspirant who is part of the merit list. So I will take the example of successful candidates so that your understanding of CDS cut off is utmost.
We will do CDS cut off analysis and also check factors that influence CDS cut off marks of a particular Academy. So, make sure you read this article till the end.
We have discussed each and every point of CDS cut off with proofs and accurate data which has been taken from the authenticated sources like upsc.gov.in
CDS Exam Individual Cut off and Overall Cut Off Scenario:
This table of CDS Exam pattern will help you to understand CDS cut off analysis in a more simplified manner.
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100||120|
In the case of CDS exam, you have to clear 2 different cutoff’s:
1. Individual CDS cut off of each subject of 20 marks
You have to score minimum 20 marks in each subject out of 100 (English, GK and Maths individually) to qualify for the next race of overall cutoff calculation of academies.
If you have scored 140 marks in total (3 subjects), but failed to score 20 marks in any of the 3 subjects, you are out of the race.
And believe my words, many aspirants fail to score 20 marks individual cutoff for CDS GK paper. So, please don’t take CDS Cut off for GK lightly.
2. Overall CDS cut off marks as per academy preference (out of 300 marks)
After you have cleared the individual CDS cut off marks for each subject, you have to clear overall cutoff marks of CDS exam. This ‘overall Cut off marks’ vary for academies. We will talk in detail about each academy cut off and even factors that influence this cutoff.
Also check: CDS eligibility (No one will ever tell you these things)
CDS Exam Cut off for IMA:
For Indian Military Academy, CDS cutoff is calculated out of 300 marks. General cutoff of IMA ranges from 120-125 marks. We will now look at IMA cut off for last five to six attempts.
- CDS 1 2019 IMA cut off marks: 116 Marks
- CDS 2 2018 IMA cut off marks: 116 (official) (Lowest)
- CDS 1 2018 IMA Cut off marks: 118 (official)
- CDS 2 2017 IMA cut off marks: 120 (official)
- CDS 1 2017 IMA cut off marks: 125 (official)
CDS Exam cut off for INA:
Cutoff of Indian Naval Academy is calculated out of 300 marks. The CDS cut off of Indian Naval Academy ranges from 100-106 marks. Only engineers are eligible for giving Indian Naval Academy as a preference due to which overall score of GK is less for Indian Naval Academy, thus resulting in a lower CDS cut off as compared to Indian Military Academy or Air force academy.
- CDS 1 2019 INA cut off marks: 107 Marks
- CDS 2 2018 INA cut off marks: 102 (official)
- CDS 1 2018 INA Cut off marks: 100 (official) (lowest)
- CDS 2 2017 INA cut off marks: 111 (official)
- CDS 1 2017 INA Cut off marks: 118 (official)
CDS Exam cut off for AFA:
Cutoff of Indian Airforce is calculated out of 300 marks. Generally, the CDS cut off of Indian Air force ranges from 135- 145 marks and no decline in the cutoff is seen due to lower vacancy and higher competition. So if you are aiming for Air Force Academy, your aim must be to score a minimum of 150 marks.
- CDS 1 2019 AFA cut off marks: 136 Marks
- CDS 2 2018 AFA cut off marks: 131 (official)
- CDS 1 2018 AFA Cut off marks: 144 (official)
- CDS 2 2017 AFA cut off marks: 136 (official)
- CDS 1 2017 AFA Cut off marks: 144 (official)
CDS exam cutoff for OTA:
OTA stands for the Officers Training Academy, and the cutoff of CDS OTA is calculated out of 200 marks. You have to give only two papers for OTA, English and GK. Generally CDS cutoff of OTA is high due to higher number of applications for OTA and a higher age limit. Generally, cutoff of OTA generally ranges from 90 to 95 marks.
If you want to score good marks in OTA it is necessary that you score at least 60 marks in English and 30 plus marks in GK. For achieving this in you must follow the details strategy made on CDS OTA preparation.
OTA provides Short Service Commission for Men and Female aspiring to join Indian Army
- CDS 1 2019 OTA cut off marks: 78 Marks
- CDS 2 2018 OTA cut off marks: 80 (official)
- CDS 1 2018 OTA Cut off marks: 69 (official) (Lowest)
- CDS 2 2017 OTA cut off marks: 86 (official)
- CDS 1 2017 OTA cut off marks: 82 (official)
CDS Exam cutoff for OTA women:
Female aspirants can apply only for OTA exam via CDS entry. Vacancies are generally low, but if you will see the final recommended list, you can see that higher number of female aspirants are recommended than the vacancy release at the time of notification. So forget about number of vacancies and focus only on your preparation.
“If you have it in you, you will be selected.”
- CDS 1 2019 OTA women cut off marks: 78 Marks
- CDS 2 2018 OTA women cut off marks: 80 (official)
- CDS 1 2018 OTA women Cut off marks: 69 (official) (Lowest)
- CDS 2 2017 OTA women cut off marks:86 (official)
- CDS 1 2017 OTA women cut off marks: 82 (official)
In order to stay free from cut off tension, you need to analyze CDS syllabus and study from best CDS books which can get you 30-40 marks above CDS cutoff
SSB Interview marks of toppers
If you will analyze the CDS 2 2018 Final merit list, you will observe that the average range of marks scored in SSB interview is 140 marks out of 300 (45 percent) and most of the aspirants have scored in the range of 130-140 marks. So, the importance of written exam marks cannot be neglected. I will explain this example with a real-life case study.
If you score excellent marks in written exam and just pass SSB interview (40%), you will get the academy you are aiming for, that too with a good All India Rank.
We all prepare for SSB interview and give our 100% at the time of SSB but marks obtained in SSB interview is not in our hand. But on the other hand, scoring 150+ score in CDS written exam and being 30-40 marks ahead of CDS Cut off is possible if you will follow my CDS exam detailed strategy.
CDS 1 2019 Cut off (Official)
CDS 1 2019 Official Cut Off is Finally out! Generally, aspirants ask for CDS Cut off as soon as exam is over. But UPSC Released official cut off after the Final Result is declared. Expected Cut off of CDS 1 2019 was comparatively high, but final CDS Cut off states that there is no considerable rise in the cut off. Now, let us see CDS Cut off for IMA, INA, AFA and OTA (Men/Women) individually.
- CDS 1 2019 Cut off for IMA: 116 Marks
- CDS 1 2019 Cut off for INA: 107 Marks
- CDS 1 2019 Cut off for OTA (Men): 78 Marks
- CDS 1 2019 Cut off for OTA (Women): 78 Marks
- CDS 1 2019 Cut off for AFA: 136 Marks
Highest Marks Scored in SSB Interview: 152/300
Minimum Marks Scored in SSB Interview: 121/300
CDS 1 2020 Cut off
CDS 1 2020 exam was held on 2nd February 2020, Sunday, all over India. But final result of CDS 1 2020 is not released yet. Its official cutoff will take time so let us see CDS 1 2020 Expected cut off marks.
- CDS 1 2020 Cut off for IMA: Will be out soon
- CDS 1 2020 Cut off for INA: Will be out soon
- CDS 1 2020 Cut off for OTA: Will be out soon
- CDS 1 2020 Cut off for AFA: Will be out soon
Rise in the CDS 1 2020 Official cut off marks depends on various factors which are beyond our control. So, its better to work on factors which are in our control, that is, CDS exam preparation.
(All those factors are listed below in detailed format)
CDS 2 2020 Cut off
CDS 2 2020 exam will be held on 8th November 2020, Sunday, all over India. Its official cutoff will take time so let us see CDS 2 2020 Expected cut off marks.
- CDS 2 2020 Cut Off for IMA: Will be out soon
- CDS 2 2020 Cut Off for INA: Will be out soon
- CDS 2 2020 Cut Off for OTA (Men): Will be out soon
- CDS 2 2020 Cut Off for OTA (Women): Will be out soon
- CDS 2 2020 Cut Off for AFA: Will be out soon
I have generally seen that people keep on complaining about increasing cut off marks, but you must understand that with the increasing competition for the CDS exam, the difficulty level is supposed to rise. So, instead of complaining, you have the change of following our detailed strategy articles like CDS GK preparation, CDS Maths preparation and CDS English preparation.
Also Check: CDS Exam books (booklist based on time availability)
CDS Cutoff analysis video:
1) Can I clear CDS OTA cutoff even if I fail in Maths?
If you have attempted all the 3 papers in the CDS exam and failed in CDS Maths, still you can clear CDS OTA Cut off and find your roll number in the written exam result list. (Provided you have scored sufficient marks in CDS GK paper and English paper to qualify OTA Cut off)
2) Why is cutoff for OTA less than other academies?
Many aspirants think that cut off of OTA is less than other academies because they don’t know that OTA Cutoff is calculated out of 200 marks (GK and English only), while cut off of other academies is calculated out of 300 marks.
Every CDS aspirant must know these basic things about CDS Cut off.
If you will see percentage-wise, then OTA cutoff is little High than other academies
It is a must to know the CDS cut off so that you get an exact idea of competition and level of toughness. But if you want to qualify the CDS exam, you need to start preparation from detailed strategies which I have made for CDS GK, CDS Maths and CDS English papers.